Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 AT-X Pro DX II

Been busy the couple of days with editing photos from a job done last year upon request of the client. Luckily I still keep the backup copies which I can produce to the client although I have lost countless editing hours which I spent on right after the event.

Nevertheless, I just manage to get a BIG job schedule just after this CNY which requires a wide angle lens which I didn't acquired yet. A group of  400+ people is my subject and I had to engaged a friend of mine to assist me going through this project.

After searching lens reviews from multiple sources, the only best option I have for my Nikon D7000 is the

Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 AT-X Pro DX II which was launched some where last year. I never had any plans actually to buy a wide lens, my original plan is to upgrade to FX body first since I had couple of FX lenses on hand.








Here are some of the general test shots taken from my Nikon  D7000 having 

Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 AT-X Pro DX II  .


Generally I am satisfied the performance of this lens , color, distortions,, vignetting and chromatic abberations are quite manageable. you can judge by the above pictures yourself. 

Coming from a person who never experience with ultra wide angle lens, I would say that I would need to learn more things about this type of lens. There are many things to consider before taking a shot, what the lens can and cannot do, and etc. below are more sample shots taken a day after the above images.




All these shot are taken with no photoshop editing. It was only processed in camera software from RAW files. The editing done was only D-lighting effects to enhance the darker area since it was on the early morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment